Executive & Management Liability policies are composed of numerous policies into one single policy. Your needs may vary depending on your industry, the number of employees, and total assets. Executive & Management Liability's goal is to ultimately protect the company's balance sheet, whether owned by you individually or thousands of shareholders worldwide.
Why do I need D&O?
- There are a number of reasons both public & private companies chose to purchase Directors & Officers There are several reasons both public & private companies chose to purchase Directors & Officers insurance. These reasons may include:
- Insurance coverage to protect the assets of your company/organization and the personal assets of the directors, officers, executives, and owners.
- Corporate entities are named defendants in 80 to 90 percent of lawsuits brought against their directors and officers. D&O can help protect the balance sheet of your company from both frivolous and legitimate lawsuits.
- Attract and retain more qualified directors and officers with D&O coverage. It protects them while making decisions on behalf of the company/organization.
- Lawsuits can come from any number of origins: shareholders, vendors, customers, creditors, regulators, and the list goes on and on…
- Defense of a claim alleging conflicts of interest, misrepresentation, breach of duty, or unfair business practices (just to name a few) can be financially debilitating…not to mention any settlements and/or judgments that may follow.
D&O insurance can be a valuable policy in your risk management portfolio. D&O insurance can be a beneficial policy in your risk management portfolio; whether you're searching for initial funding for your company, negotiating a buy-out, or an established public company, D&O insurance can be a valuable policy in your risk management portfolio. Our D&O specialists can perform a review & benchmark on your existing coverage and let you know where some practical improvement may exist. Consider it a "risk management" audit that may protect not just your business but your family's future.